Zorba and Music

Came across this version of the theme song from one of my favourite film 'Zorba the Greek' by a famous blind guitarist Jose Feliciano. Check his other videos in the related section of this video. He is just unbelievable !!

The video took me back to old times when I was inducted into the world of musical instruments by an elderly gentlemen, who would come over to our house every week with his big ferocious Alsatian. I was six at that time and was more interested in being outdoor playing than having a tryst with a musical instrument and singling along. Nevertheless, I was inducted into the wonderful musical world rather reluctantly but thanks to the wonderfully talent blind teacher of mine and the fear of his big black friend, I did get a footing into Indian Classical music. We were transferred out of town after 3years and I never got back to learning Indian Classical music from another teacher but somehow this video reminded me of him. He must have been around 50 those days, lived a solitary life and moved around with his companion the Alsatian , hope he is still around and still teaching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Road Again - Around the ruins

Into the Wild

Ekla Chalo Re...