Nothing!!


For the likes of us for whom childhood meant playing with friends , reading books, listening to music on vinyl records and later cassettes or an odd movie at club once a month , seems so far fetched for today's generation . The other day my mum was speaking to my 4.5yrs niece Anya, and was talking about all our fun times while me and my sister were growing up and the only word she had to describe our times was there was 'NOTHING!' :) ..

Yes, in today's 24hrs connected world and instant gratification our golden days seems unimaginable

Comments

Kanchan said…
True... but I'm glad that's the way it was for us. My sister's and I used to lie down in our garden and stare at the stars and connect them with imaginary lines to give them a pattern. We also played with the flowers in our garden and threw them at each other pretending they were snow balls :) All highly imaginative games. When my neice grows up I'm going to tell her that's what we did when we were kids and she will probably recoil in horror :)
Anuradha said…
Oh yeah I remember the sky and imaginary pictures ..
Subhadip said…
Did I tell you how disturbing it is for me to watch the same ground where I used to play being empty in the evening, and the new video games shop right next to the ground always being full?

Give me nothing-ness anyday!
Anuradha said…
Oh thats really sad, I can't imagine a place like Cal having empty grounds.
I find the same here ,with the malls/stores crowded but all the grounds/tennis courts mainly unused most of the time...
Palazzo said…
Hello!
I'm from Brasil...
Now, I will to look your blog.
by
http://tarauacanoticias.blogspot.com/
By

Popular posts from this blog

On the Road Again - Around the ruins

Into the Wild

Ekla Chalo Re...