Saina ..


Watched Saina win her 3rd title in 3 weeks and who is also currently ranked 3rd in the world. I don't remember last when an Indian Individual Singles player was given such an outstanding support in a foreign land. The entire stadium was a buzz routing for her. A tough match nevertheless but she is now unbeaten in 3 weeks at world level , which is rarely heard of by an Indian athlete. If she continues improving and peaking at the right level who knows we might see a new Olympic Champion at the London Olympics..

I wonder how many Indians even switched on the TV to watch her play on a sunday afternoon ..

Comments

Subhadip said…
Saina is in red hot form! I haven't seen her play this time, but I do follow her progress in the newspapers, and when I get to know about the coverage - on TV. It's a pity how little coverage she gets given her performance. on second thoughts, I think that's a boon in disguise, she can concentrate on her play.
Anuradha said…
I think she is quite grounded from what I see at the moment , she is like tendulkar and I guess adulation will hopefully not spoil her !! She sure has the attitude and the fitness to make it big ..

Popular posts from this blog

On the Road Again - Around the ruins

Into the Wild

Ekla Chalo Re...