On the road again:Winged Beauties of Thattekad

With the end of the year approaching ,I wanted to take the black stallion out into the forest in search of some winged beauties .

Thattekad had been in my mind since over a year but the drive of about 500kms required some time in hand. With my car all set I spent couple of days in the deep forests trekking in the morning and night in search of some owls that migrate from ceylon during the winter months.

Being a solo driver mostly one has to be prepared for any incidents. On the way back,the water coolant alert started appearing and realized water pump was leaking. God however was kind that I was stuck on the highway in kerela near thrissur where I managed to get the car towed and taken to the nearest VW workshop. The workshop didn't have a spare for my 1.6 POLO and had to source it from Bangalore, so with work looming ,I left the car to be fixed and came back. They took good care of the car and fixed it in two days and so I went back there, visited few temples and a palace and drove it back again.  The workhorse has been with me over the years and is close to a lakh kms in the odometer (99,600kms) to be precise.

Here are some pics from the trip and more here

ceylon frogmouth

ceylon frogmouth

Jordon Nightjar

Jungle Nightjar

Common Kingfisher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the Wild

Amazing Arunachal -2

Oh what a game!