Those were the days my friend

I received a message yesterday from someone whom i had known 28years back to the tune " 28years back i use to give you ride on my little bicycle in a place surrounded by mountains and covered by flowers everywhere. From my memories i can still visualise your little hands filled with mud but i just can't remember your face neither your voice. Its funny how we remember things in life !!"

I was a bit surprised to receive this message since my memory doesn't go so far back in time. However it took me back to those lovely child hood days to the small town Jamalpur, in Bihar where I spent my initial growing years.

If i look back it seems like a place tucked away in time. We were staying in an old Bungalow with tiled roof, with hills as the backdrop and a wonderful garden all around thanks to my mum. We also had a big playground right in front of our house.

Our times were spent in the garden and around the place, playing with friends, cycling, sometimes climbing up the trees or even going up the hill once in awhile. I also now remember the little kitten i had those days !!

There was no Television, no internet but then we had the vinyl record player and the great little collection of records,cassettes and books. I remember the lovely evenings with music playing and my mum preparing great food or reading some interesting things to both me and my sister.
Unlike todays connected world with 24hrs TV or anytime movies and not too much to watch, we would wait eagerly for the monthly movie screenings at the club and also our annual vacation outside town where we could pickup the books not available at the local library.

I spoke to my long lost friend whom i don't even have the faintest memory of but it did make me feel time has flown past me so quickly!!

Current song on my player: Those were the days

Comments

Oreen said…
so u write abt things other than travel?

this made me go absolutely nostalgic...
Anuradha said…
Hey i sometimes do, need a bit of inspiration.

Popular posts from this blog

On the Road Again - Around the ruins

Into the Wild

Ekla Chalo Re...